Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have the above printer but have stopped using the Epson ink cartridges and now use another type more than half the price,What iam wanting to know please if you can, there is a window that pops up all the time before printing and is really annoying me telling me that iam not using the original cartridges is there any way i can stop this:crazy: :steam:

S

·
0 Posts
Incidentally, I read an article once that reckoned that the profit on ink is something like $8,000 a gallon! :eek:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Incidentally, I read an article once that reckoned that the profit on ink is something like $8,000 a gallon! :eek:
Shocking:crazy: the new ink cartridges iam using are great colour but i do not know how long the colour will last after printing,my printer takes 4 cartridges and i have found this place local where i can get 8 for £10 not to bad compaired to £26.99 for 4 Epsons,Thanks for you help much appreciated

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I had my epson printer I used to refill the ink tanks and reset the chip. It worked quite well.
Hi i did not keep the old cartridges so i would have to buy them again but i did not know you can refill them thanks Chris all the best

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Try removing and re-seating the cartridges, possibly several times.

I have an Epson R300 and have been using copy cartridges since the original ones ran out. On a couple of occasions, it has complained that I wasn't using original cartridges immediately after a cartridge change. Removing and refitting them sorted the problem. I think this message is generated purely by the printer being unable to communicate with the chip.

Failing that, take the cartridges back to the shop as 'not fit for purpose.' By my reckoning, they should be able to fool the printer into thinking they're genuine, otherwise they're not worth buying.

I was always under the impression that a chip reset tool was to allow you to refill genuine cartridges (without it, the cartridge will be full of ink, but the chip will still tell the printer that it's empty.) I don't think a reset tool will help in clearing this error on compatibles if the printer is clever enough to be able to tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Try removing and re-seating the cartridges, possibly several times.

I have an Epson R300 and have been using copy cartridges since the original ones ran out. On a couple of occasions, it has complained that I wasn't using original cartridges immediately after a cartridge change. Removing and refitting them sorted the problem. I think this message is generated purely by the printer being unable to communicate with the chip.

Failing that, take the cartridges back to the shop as 'not fit for purpose.' By my reckoning, they should be able to fool the printer into thinking they're genuine, otherwise they're not worth buying.

I was always under the impression that a chip reset tool was to allow you to refill genuine cartridges (without it, the cartridge will be full of ink, but the chip will still tell the printer that it's empty.) I don't think a reset tool will help in clearing this error on compatibles if the printer is clever enough to be able to tell the difference.
It looks like iam going to have to live with this its annoying but i can live with it the colour is the same as the original colours so iam staying with it for now here they are if anyone is interested 8 x cartridges any colour at Universal computing.

Sorry its blured

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
It looks like iam going to have to live with this its annoying but i can live with it the colour is the same as the original colours so iam staying with it for now here they are if anyone is interested 8 x cartridges any colour at Universal computing.
I've been getting the compatible cartridges from our local market stall. The R300 takes 6 cartridges (it has 'light' versions of Cyan and Magenta as well as the usual four) and I can get a full set for 6 quid for the el-cheapo ones, but I prefer to pay 8 for the ones that are supposedly of better quality.

I've printed CDs and DVDs using both inks, and in a side-by-side comparison, the Epson ink ones are marginally more vibrant. But the compatibles are more than adequate, and for the saving, I'll live with a slight compromise on quality. For normal paper and photo printing, I really can't tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I've been getting the compatible cartridges from our local market stall. The R300 takes 6 cartridges (it has 'light' versions of Cyan and Magenta as well as the usual four) and I can get a full set for 6 quid for the el-cheapo ones, but I prefer to pay 8 for the ones that are supposedly of better quality.

I've printed CDs and DVDs using both inks, and in a side-by-side comparison, the Epson ink ones are marginally more vibrant. But the compatibles are more than adequate, and for the saving, I'll live with a slight compromise on quality. For normal paper and photo printing, I really can't tell the difference.
Hi yes iam the very same more or less i would normally just use Tesco paper and photo paper mat and gloss just there medeoka brand but i was also getting paper from my Brothers work this was top quality paper what a difference this made to the end product i think it was far sharper if you know what i mean its not me its more the Daughters work for School know going into 5th year:crazy: i feel like i have just left school myself:d ;)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Even though I'm a skinflint on ink, I don't skimp on photo paper. I bought a reasonable stock of 15x10cm Epson photo quality paper a while back from 7dayshop, and just use that. The last time I looked, Makro had a similarly good deal on Kodak paper.

Though if I want to print more than a few and I'm not in a hurry, then I take them to Asda. Next day 6x4's on true photo paper at 5p a go if you get enough of them done. It's cheaper than home printing, even if you're on the cheapest paper and ink, and you get the true photo flat gloss finish that even top quality photo inkjet paper can't manage.

Best of all, if you have old photos that you want sticking on the PC, they'll scan up to 200 of them onto a CD for you for £1.99. I keep meaning to get a load done.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Even though I'm a skinflint on ink, I don't skimp on photo paper. I bought a reasonable stock of 15x10cm Epson photo quality paper a while back from 7dayshop, and just use that. The last time I looked, Makro had a similarly good deal on Kodak paper.

Though if I want to print more than a few and I'm not in a hurry, then I take them to Asda. Next day 6x4's on true photo paper at 5p a go if you get enough of them done. It's cheaper than home printing, even if you're on the cheapest paper and ink, and you get the true photo flat gloss finish that even top quality photo inkjet paper can't manage.

Best of all, if you have old photos that you want sticking on the PC, they'll scan up to 200 of them onto a CD for you for £1.99. I keep meaning to get a load done.
Yes thats right i do the same use Asda but thats way i got the Epson its got the lot and the scanner is great on it and the photo copyer is also good and the fax cant beat it also takes all types of sd cards my sister payed £110 for hers the same as mine and i got mine from Tesco for £60;) :d what a steel

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try Choice Stationers online and go for their replacement Chipped ones - good prices and 10 % off at the moment - I use an Epson C62 and get 8 cartridges black or colour for about £18

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi i have an Epson photo r220 printer i get my cartridges from Rambox - blank dvd, dvd r, cdr, cd r, dvd media, blank disc, recordable dvd, ritek, dvd rw, blank cd, dvdr media, blank dvd r, dvd-r, dvd writer, dvd burner. (projet cartridges) for less than a quarter the price of epson.
when i install them i get a message telling me i am not using origanal cartridges and print quality may be inferior then a window comes with the option to continue or abort i click continue then thats it no problems reoccur .
i might add i am very pleased with these cartridges no problems with drying out and colour quality is great.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you all for your help it has been staring me in the face for weeks it seems bobwilson is right the box that appears on the screen has different options and it take you into the settings of the printer it seems that Epson are reluctant for you to do this but it has know been done thanks again all the best Donald.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts