Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an Erisin head unit (ES8772M) for Renault Megane almost a year ago. It has a separate cd reader part that looks like OEM and a 7 inch screen.

The problem:
When car is turned off and the yellow control wire to the radio loses power, the Erisin head unit immediately shuts down and forgets radio stations.

In my previous car losing power in the control wire caused the the head unit (Erisin) to do a controlled shutdown (screen saying “shutting down” and radio memory was not lost).

Erisin suggested swapping the red (steady +12V) and yellow (control) wires but this did not help. They later replaced the head unit with a new one. The new head unit does exactly the same.

Now I also tried disconnecting the canbus box, because the yellow wire goes both into it and the head unit. The device did not seem to start without the canbus box, but unplugging the canbus box when the device had started did not do anything.

I have asked Erisin to refund me and cancel the trade, without a real answer.

So any advice? Has anyone faced this and solved it?
  • I saw some thread about similar thing with Erisin, in that case a replacement unit helped
  • could it be canbus box (bagoo, software v100, p/n 59-0-07301-3-02)?
  • does someone have a suggestion about a working android head unit for Megane? Steering wheel controls working would be nice (not working in the Erisin I now have)
At this point I would be prepared to use a “screen only” kind of solution.
I have been looking at under 150 USD devices (not working would cost me less than this Erisin mess)

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,026 Posts
wired wrong
should be two feeds to your head unit, one is always live, (memory) one is from ignition only

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if I was misunderstood.

Car side:
Black wire -12V / ground steady
Red wire: +12V steady
Yellow wire: +12V switched (ignition / control wire)
This seems to be the setup in many Renaults, and it is working fine in my car.

Erisin side:
Same colour wires, the texts claim that operation would se similar

But the Erisin completely shuts down when ignition is turned off. And radio memory is lost. It should not.

Yeah, obviously there is either programming or wiring problem in the Erisin head unit. They send me a new bios (etc) which was supposed to solve the problem, but the version turned out to be the same and problem persists.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The final solution for Erisin: I am returning the whole unit, they agreed to refund me.

The sad part: I am covering return costs (twice). Other sad part: they did not agree to refund additional parts (DAB, TPMS) since those parts are working (or may be)

Erisin sent 2 or 3 bios update files along the way and also one android update. And one new head unit. None of these worked. Swapping red and yellow wires had no effect either.

The issue seemed in my eyes to have something to do with fundamental design of the board and components.

Now I am looking at cheaper alternatives in AliExpress. Probably without the separate cd reader part. On some items there customers have asked about power off functioning of those units - it seems I am not alone. And it seems some Chinese engineer has made an error that may repeat in many designs.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,026 Posts
what a c*ck up thats been for you

So not only have you lost money
You also thought you had lost the plot
Sue mate Sue
where theres a Blame theres a claim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts