Independent Renault Forums banner

ESC & Hill Start Assist Error

48K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  IceReturns 
#1 ·
My 2015 Renault Clio keeps coming up with check hill start assist and check ESC, it started around a month ago after being unused on my drive for around 3 days. The fault cleared by itself but came back when my car needed a service, I took it to a garage they hooked it up and cleared the error codes and all was well.
Friday it then happens again and whilst on a hill couldn’t get it to move, eventually did at 4mph. The car is used pretty much every day so it’s not a fault down to it being sat on a drive and not run.

Does anyone have an clue as to what’s at fault? Reading other forums it sounds like break switch?

#3 ·
I'm trying to work out which switch to break?

Is this a continuous problem now or intermittent ?

If a brake switch sticking, your brake lights should stick on as well, should be able to see if they are.
Otherwise check all switches on pedals.
I'm not sure exactly what the Hill Start system is looking for but on Electronic Hand Brakes (which released in a similar automatic function) they looked for throttle position/revs, in gear, footbrake not operated, clutch position correct and the angle of incline... steeper it was, more revs and clutch bite needed.

Don't suppose you made a note of what the error messages were cleared?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.