Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've got a Renault Laguna 05 Initialle with ESP warning light permanently on.
I've diagnosed the problem with clip and it comes back with 'ESP Module Sensor Faulty' code DF088. The problem is, I haven't got the faintest idea where to find the module - could someone please HELP and tell me where it is????:mad::confused:

Cheers
Trevor

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
hi and welcome to the forums

please check out this thread, it may be relavent to your problem.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=90878&page=2

im not sure if it will help, if not then you may need to get the ABS module stripped down and rebuilt with the mechanics of it from another similar model. the sensor may possibly be removable? (soldering iron job.)

(for those that didnt follow the thread, there is a manufacturers production issue which affects not only renault but VW as well, all faulty units are replaced FOC by the parts supplier as its a major safety issue)

Reactions: trevoreck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for response. I was aware of the thread that you highlighted but was lead to believe that because car is over 5 years old they wouldn't do it FOC under recall? Any idea if this is correct?

Thanks for additional info. I've found this module on e-bay which I presumed was what I required; so is this what is located in the ABS unit or am I on the wrong track totally?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Lagun...CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf750b81a#ht_1862wt_902
Really appreciate your help!
Trev

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
that is the g-force sensor for lateral drift/swerving, its located under soundproofing just behind the gearstick/handbrake in the center consol between the seats.
(there are 2 versions of that part, one has 1 connector, the older one has 2)

£65 is a bit steep for that bit, i could probably find similar for under £25 in a breakers yard.

i think the problem is on the actual ABS module which is located on the nearside wheel arch up under the arch splash guards. if you are going to start playing around down there, go get new plastic mushroom plugs to replace the ones you are going to break when you start taking the sheilding off, (they are about 50p each, you will need up tp 5 for each arch, you might also need some push-clips as well)
check you have all the covers under the bumper/arch as if any are missing it will allow water/salt to get in and attack the electrics.

the ABS module is comprised as 3 sections, PCB, pipework, motor. its the PCB that really costs as its coded to the car (its also the bit that probably has the sensor on, thats playing up).

you are going to need to find out more as to which module is playing up, i am not sure about full details of either part. as far as i know the g-force sensor is not coded to the car, the abs unit deffinatly is.

Reactions: trevoreck
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.