Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 05 Grand Espace and the ESP light and service light is on constantly. I have had it diagnosed by renault as a faulty hydraulic block and also confirmed by an independent diagnostic expert. If I replace this part will it need calibrating or any other technical set up?
Cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
5,254 Posts
hi
yes
though what is faulty?, mechanical or electrical ???
if mechanism is stuffed you could replace the pump and pipework block sectons and keep the original electronics which are coded to your chassis and avoid costly reprograming and new parts.
you wuld need to get exaxt matching year/model (same part numbers for abs unit from scrapped car)
seach online/ local breakers yards.

Reactions: obeltrano

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mord
Thanks for the reply, I don't know whether it is electrical or mechanical, the renault garage guy just said it's "f*****" and quoted me £1,250 to replace, the second opinion I paid for confirmed it was this part but couldn't define what was wrong. If I can separate the two I will try to replace the mechanical side first and see if that cures it, are there any tests I could do to establish which side is faulty before I get down to the spanner work?
Regards
Ron

·
Premium Member
326 Posts
£1,250 is the price of the ABS pump , i had mine replaced recently under warranty . I saw the unit after it was replaced. it is a chunky item located under passenger side front wing .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi alnapone
when I had the car in renault I was able to view the part while it was up on the ramp, as you say it is under the passenger wing, I have heard that there is a company that refurbs these parts so I will investigate that route, anyone heard of this service?
Regards

·
Super Moderator
13,667 Posts
Don't think you'll get an answer. That post is almost 5 Years old.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It very unusual for the hydraulic side of the ABS pump to give problems,it's usually the electronic control part of it.The units can be split and the electronic part sent away from testing/repair whilst you continue to use the car (albeit with no ABS or Speedo).It would be worth googling BBA Remain and seeing what they offer,I've used them many times and they are yet to let me down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts