Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, thanks in advance for having a great place to come for help!

Ok, here's the problem...:confused:

About 6 months ago I had trouble with the car not starting, it cranked but wouldn't start...it is regularly serviced and has a load of new parts, it drives fine and sometimes starts perfectly normally.

It seems as though the problem is worse after wet weather, sometimes it will go a long time working perfectly, up until the last few weeks, when about 1 in 4 times the car won't start, a local garage thinks that it has something to do with the immobiliser.

There is a red light on the dashboard that is flashing when I'm out of the car and it's locked, the local garage said that: "If the red light is flashing when you get in the car, it should start, if the red light isn't flashing, you should turn the key on and off until you get the red light back, then it should start". I tried this and for a while it seemed to work, but now it has started not starting even when the light is flashing, so I do the key on and off thing until it does start.

This may be related or unrelated, but the garage said that the immobiliser works through the radio ariel, recently the radio doesn't recieve a signal, the unit comes on, but the radio can't pick up a signal. This problem seems to have appeared since the battery was changed about 4 weeks ago, the radio was on for about half an hour, then it slowly faded away.

Sorry that this post is soo long, but I guess more information is better than a lack of it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All!

We think we've fixed this one, it seems to be as simple as just replacing the batteries in the keys would you believe!

Changed them about 2/3 months ago and it's not had a problem since!

Sooo simple! :d

T

1 - 2 of 2 Posts