Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a espace mk4 2.2 dci 2005 model

i have only recently purchased this car and have noticed that the average fuel specs i am getting are really low.

abot 19mpg around town and abot 35 mpg motorway miles. is this normal for this vehicle. and do you think an ecu remap would work for me as most of my miles is in the city..

thanks in advance
laurence

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I'd be a little dissapointed with those MPG figures,but how are these being calculated?.The on board computers aren't fantastically accurate to be honest,the only way to be sure what MPG you're getting is to brim the tank,drive your average route for a few days/weeks,and then brim the tank again.From there you can work out exactly how much fuel you have used and how many miles you have travelled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot to mention that it is a 5 speed automatic.

also the same day i bought it the intake manifold had to be replaced due to it blowin oil from top of engine. all seems fine now just the poor mpg.

oh and tryin to get used to driving an auto box. always feel it should be in a higher gear that it seems to be ie 4th instead of 3rd and so on

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The automatic box will change the MPG figures expected,they do now seem slightly more reasonable if still a little low.As the car is still new to you I wouldn't panic just yet,I'd concentrate more on getting used to it and seeing how the figures go.A remap isn't the answer if there is a fault with the car so I wouldn't rush into anything just yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I have also just bought a Grand Espace 2.2 dci Auto 2005.

On the first tank I got 27mpg with 50:50 urban motorway driving. I've just cleaned out the gunked up EGR valve and am running a tank of injector cleaner to see what happens. Computer says 23mpg after quarter tank but will see when it's fill up time (which could be far sooner than I like)

All my mpg figures are done with miles travelled/ litres used etc (handy iPhone app!)

So far pretty disappointed as my 1.9dci Trafic gives me a 680-700 miles per tank!

If one thing I'd like to know is if this is good or not for this car. Owners of Lags or any other car please refrain from quoting your mpgs as it's quite unhelpful. What would be interesting to know is if there are any owners that actually get the mpg figures quoted on Parkers etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts