Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my espace 2002 2.2 dci has just been in the garage after a starting problem it has had a new set of injectors and while they where doing it i had new cambelt and bits now it starts and runs fine but i have a knocking noise on tick over when you rev it up a bit it stops garage say its tappets but why would they start playing up can any one help as doing my head in :mad:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It's always difficult to diagnose noises when you can't hear them,but we'll try our best.

Is the noise a deep knocking noise,and does it completely dissapear as soon as you lift the revs?.Have you driven the car at all,and if so,does the noise happen at all when driving normally?.

I guess they changed the injectors because of a leak back problem?.It's possible that one of the new ones is faulty and is causing a diesel knock,but this won't neccessarily dissapear when the engine speed is lifted.

The belts on these need a specific looking kit to get the timing spot on,do you know for sure that the garage used the kit?.If the timing was slightly out then it might explain the noise,but again it's unlikely that the noise will dissapear.

You also say that the car had injectors,cambelt and 'bits',what exactly were the other bits?.

Did they mention anything about having the injectors programmed into the ECU at all?.(I'm still not 100% sure that is neccessary,but it could be something to ask them).

Sorry for all the questions but any other info you have could help us out.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi the noise as far as i know seems to go when the revs go up but i will check in the morning the car also seems to drive fine
the injectors were changed because the car would just cut out when you drive it but that problem has now gone thank god
the garage says they do have this tool but i can only take them at there word
and the BITS are aux belt /oil/filter just the normal service bits i thought while it was apart would be better to get all done
reno said these didnt need programing so i guessing the noise has to have somthing to do with the work done or is my luck that bad that after all money spent i now have another problem
i hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
It's always difficult to diagnose noises when you can't hear them,but we'll try our best.

Is the noise a deep knocking noise,and does it completely dissapear as soon as you lift the revs?.Have you driven the car at all,and if so,does the noise happen at all when driving normally?.

I guess they changed the injectors because of a leak back problem?.It's possible that one of the new ones is faulty and is causing a diesel knock,but this won't neccessarily dissapear when the engine speed is lifted.

The belts on these need a specific looking kit to get the timing spot on,do you know for sure that the garage used the kit?.If the timing was slightly out then it might explain the noise,but again it's unlikely that the noise will dissapear.

You also say that the car had injectors,cambelt and 'bits',what exactly were the other bits?.

Did they mention anything about having the injectors programmed into the ECU at all?.(I'm still not 100% sure that is neccessary,but it could be something to ask them).

Sorry for all the questions but any other info you have could help us out.:)
I have a clicking/knocking at idle that goes when its revved. Does that mean a weak injector? Will it do any damage? I think its always done it. About to change a gearbox mount and I understand that can reduce knock in diesels...

Cheers!

:d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts