Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right not quite sure where to start with this one as, seems to be an ever involving issue(s).

Renault came up with the fact that the egr needed to be replaced, as kept going into limp home, and being as flat as anything.

So cleaned that, now still goes in to limp home but is now over heating, and you get that nice smell.

Coming to think of it the middle two heaters don't work either, there is no water in the oil as the water is getting low quite quickly, can't see water leaks around the engine to say was the head gasket.:crazy:

Any pointers would be good.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just an update:

Looks to be the head gasket as getting air bubbles in the header tank, and they increase in the flow as the revs increase.

Or any other opinions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,
I had as simlar issue but no bubbles, went to rubbish renault stealers who said they had checked the coolant for combustion gases they lied. Went to a small garage who didi a check with chemicals and they confirmed gases in coolant head gasket issue.

I took the engine out myself whole of the front comes off & harness unclips and pulls away to the right. Be carfefull not to expsoe this to elements.

Cost about £750.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts