Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, i would like to say hi to you all as i have just joined the forum at last.

I have a 53 plate espace on 61k. It has started pressurising but not over heating. The heaters blow hot air one minute then luke warm or even cold. There are no signs of water in oil or oil in water. Also the temp gauge sometimes drops a bar or 2 when it is up to running temperature, but never goes too hot. I was going to start with bleeding the system first just incase there is an airlock.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Also, am i right in saying i can bleed it from a screw that is on the end of the rad at the top, or is there any advice on carrying this out.

I do have another problem too, i keep getting the water in diesel filter warning light coming on and i lose quite a lot of power when this happens, any thoughts on this?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

If the cooling system is pressurising excessively and the heater is going hot/cold then I'd be prepared for the worst.In my experience the only real reason that the system builds up excessive pressure is through a faulty headgasket.You can bleed the system as much as you like,and it might improve the heater for a while,but it's not going to cure the root of the problem.

Also,I suspect your getting the engine management light come rather than the water in the diesel light so that is a further problem which could be anything from something very simple/cheap to something rather more involved/expensive.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but theres not point in beating around the bush.:eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

If the cooling system is pressurising excessively and the heater is going hot/cold then I'd be prepared for the worst.In my experience the only real reason that the system builds up excessive pressure is through a faulty headgasket.You can bleed the system as much as you like,and it might improve the heater for a while,but it's not going to cure the root of the problem.

Also,I suspect your getting the engine management light come rather than the water in the diesel light so that is a further problem which could be anything from something very simple/cheap to something rather more involved/expensive.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news,but theres not point in beating around the bush.:eek:
many thanks for the info, and yes you are probably right about the head gasket, i was just hiding from it:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts