·
Registered
40 Posts
1. Slacken drivers side wheel bolts.
2. Jack front of of car up.
3. Remove drivers side wheel.
4. Remove plastic under engine cover.
5. Remove bottom engine mount.
6. Undo the two bolts that hold the exhaust to the catalytic converter.
7. Put a jack on the bottom of the gearbox and jack up to angle the engine forward as far as it will go. This will give you enough room to get your hands in, the cat and then then the turbo out.
8. Undo the 3 bolts that hold the cat to the turbo and remove cat. Two of the bolts can be accessed from underneath one from behind the drivers side wheel access panel.
9. Undo the 3 bolts that hold the turbo to the exhaust manifold (behind the injectors at the back of the engine bay).
10. Pop the vacuum pipe off the variable vane system
11. Struggle, swear and hurt fingers/knuckles as you finally free the turbo.

HTH.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
I had to cut a 13mm spanner in half to get at one of the bolts on a 2.2 vel satis. I hope for your sake it is easier on an espace

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi all thanks for tips and help :) the answer to my question is it can be removed without taking the engine out. its a hard job though and very time consuming but its done now. the turbo must have been going for a long time because its like a different car now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just removed the turbo from my 2002 Scenic RX4 in 3.5 hours. It's fiddly but doable if you're ok with spanners and sockets and have small hands!

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
You can see the turbo on a scenic you cannot even see it in an espace i can get the whole engine and box out an espace in 3 hours it takes more than that just to remove the turbo !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts