Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. I've got an 2002 2.2dci espace with all the probs related to a blocked egr valve. just had egr valve changed (cost £600)..prob back after a week.
Going on holiday in it in 3 weeks. some people suggest disconnecting the egr valve can overcome prob for a few months. is this a good idea. will it allow us to use car for holiday???

should I try and get prob fixed some other way

m:cool:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi mward, sounds like an awful lot of an EGR valve.
Did they change the pipe and the seal as well? as its usually the pipe that causes the problem .... there is a mod kit that uses a bigger diameter pipe, and all the new Renault kits include this ... was the work done at a dealer or an independant? eitherway I'd go back and create merry hell that after spending £600 the problem is not fixed.

Hope it helps :)

·
2,311 Posts
Go back to who did the work and have a tantrum.

:crazy:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks...if I disconnect the egr is it just the lead so the engine management system doesn't recognise it any more or a complete removal replacing it with a blank????

m:rolleyes:

·
2,311 Posts
I dont know, I would honestly go back to whoever fitted the valve and point out the problems.

I'm also unsure what effect "disconnecting" the valve will have as its part of the engines "breathing" ...I really dont think its the solution.

Sorry I cant be more helpful on this ..... WEBCODE if your reading this can you comment?

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts