Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Espace 2.2dci "The Race" and every so often it judders or cuts out. It will then start after a couple of turns and runs great for ages. It has even cut out when ive been driving. Ive put injector cleaner in and fuel line cleaner, had new filters and fully diagnosed without any problems showing up. Im even using the higher quality diesel and this does seem to have made it better, but I dont know if it will cut out again. Anyone know???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I bought my Espace 2.2Dci 3 weeks ago, I'm driving it for 3 days - really. The renault garage has changed the turbo valve, egr valve and cleaned out the diesel tank and cleaned the filters. nothing changed much! Then they noticed that the inlet manifold was not tight enough. the problem now seems to be resolved.

I drove the whole day, being hard on the engine. the light came on once, I stopped the car, took the keycard out waited 5 secondes and then restarted.... I think that the inlet manifold is the problem. it's either cracked or not sealing. it's going back next week to have it checked. I hate and love this car:confused: good luck!

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
The manifolds on these needs to be checked properly
as they are prone to hairline cracks & warping use a straight edge across the 4 inlet ports. If any of the 2
faults are found re-place manifold Hth Regards Mickeybo

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
The manifolds on these needs to be checked properly
as they are prone to hairline cracks & warping use a straight edge across the 4 inlet ports. If any of the 2
faults are found re-place manifold Hth Regards Mickeybo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.