Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i have got a espace 3 1997 2.2td does any one know what all the radiators at the front of the car are called or what they are for? i have a coolant leak and it looks like it is comeing from the middle one and not the main radiator but dont know what it is or for please help thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi everyone i have got a espace 3 1997 2.2td does any one know what all the radiators at the front of the car are called or what they are for? i have a coolant leak and it looks like it is comeing from the middle one and not the main radiator but dont know what it is or for please help thanks
i have a 97 espace mine has a coolant too only found this out after changing the rad turns out the heater matrix have gone as well as there is no Manuel for this espace we are left in the dark. i try ebay for a lot of my questions type in espace braking there is a man on there that goes by the westham real name Roy he may have the answer your looking for i got my main rad off him he might also have what your looking for .HOPE THIS HELPS

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
Chances are the front radiator is the condensor for the aircon. One behind is the radiator for the cooling system.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
What appear to be three radiators - one in front of each other are.

1. Air-con condensor.
2. Intercooler
3. Radiator

A leak form the intercooler would be engine oil.
A leak form the radiator would be coolant.
A leak from the condensor would only be noticed if the refrigerant contained dye.

Although it would not be unusal for any of the two to be contamiated by the other due to their proximity.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted main radiator was sparying on to the intercooler and the air con rad so made it look like they was leaking and could not see anything till i took it to bits new radiator now ordered thanks for the replys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts