Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know an easy way to establish TDC for 2.2tD engine? I am about to remove the timing belt and have found the marks on the cam pulley and injection pulley but nothing on the crank pulleys. I think I will try the 7mm pin into the crank web which is mentioned in the manual (Laguna) but am hoping there is a mark somewhere that can be easily seen. Using the pin you are working blind but I guess it will be a definite check. The reason I want to do this is because the engine has been worked on before. There are various marks that have been made and I don't trust that any of them are actually correct. Nothing seems to line up very well so either the marks are wrong or the timing is out. Also, with the cam mark aligned the keyway on the crank is almost, but not quite vertical. Again, I am suspicious as it would seem logical that this is vertical when at TDC.
Thanks,
Dave

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Cant help you but i am looking for the same info my espace came with the belt snapped bought a laguna turbo diesel to get the necessary bits got both engines out cant figure out the camshaft marks !!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts