Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Last year I had the misfortune of purchasing a very nice diesel Espace, on going to start the car one morning, it decided not to go. It was then taken to a Renault garage where it sat for nearly six months having ECU's, diesel pumps, injectors and just about everything replaced including a second hand UCH unit. Eventually after collecting the car and paying a large bill, I noticed the car had gained 20,000 miles. On quizzing the garage over this, I was told that the UCH or bsi unit (located near the fuse box) is one of the places where the mileage is kept, and because this was sourced from a higher mileage car, upon fitting it to mine it has now corrupted my speedo reading. I have had somebody the secondhand UCH unit to the correct mileage, but for some reason my original speedo cannot be fixed. What I need to know is, whether another secondhand speedo can be from the equivalent year diesel Espace or whether it has to exactly match the part number of my speedo which is, 6025406501.

Any help in this matter would be appreciated as I'm getting ever closer with my box of matches.

Many Thanks
Simon

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi sholder if memory serves, the mileage is also stored in the digital dash as well as the uch when you change either unit the higher mileage is always stored in the other. very annoying i know but its there for a reason im told to stop underclocking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts