Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I tried searching for more info here but couldn't find any results, hope someone can help me here.

My 2007 2.0Dci Espace has a standard rear view mirror. I had been told they are pretty easy to replace by an auto dimmer version. Sometimes there is apparently already a plug behind the central cover, if not you would only need a 12V source to power it, maybe taken from the upper reading lights. I did open up the cover and found a connector, although I don't think its an original one. I will mease if there's 12V anywhere.

Secondly I ordered one from a secondhad store in Netherlands, Marusia parts. Now.....the connector has 4 wires...
Before I "trial and error" and blow-up the electrics of this mirror, anyone have a clue where to connect the 12V to??? See pictures below for the situation.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Gerald

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
just on visuals alone, does that 4 pin plug match the other harness thats in your top picture?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that belongs to what's pictured below. With the new mirror came also all the covers which had the exact thing as on my current situation, pictured below. Both brown male/female connectors. I assume this is the car kit speaker/mic?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
Check if the plugs you are messing with have 12 volts when headlights are on

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tnx for your help. The biggest problem however isn't getting 12V. I'm a bit worried about the mirror wires. As mentioned, apparently they only need 12V as a source. But with 4 wires to try a lot can go wrong when the wrong connection is made. The inside of the mirror I see a printed circuit board (not actually opened it, just looking via the wiring hole) Wrong current on a pcb can make smoke.... :)

Any standardization for Renault color wires?

Rgds,
Gerald

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Im currently replacing my espace mirror with all electronic 7" type from ebay. Helps with the parking and acts as a front recorder as well. But before this I had one of these superwide 180 degree mirrors which lets you see right around the car. Quite large, but I had no problems with glare using this and you can see all the blind spots.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
The mirror you are fitting was this an original Renault part..

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
6,986 Posts
on the connector you are holding in you hand, with the ignition on, there should be +12v between the yellow ( switched Live) wire and the black (ground) wire, those wires will equate to the yellow and black wires of the 4 wire connector on the new mirror, I believe the other two wires are for the rain sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts