Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

Back again sadly with same problem.

12 months ago the auto box (DPO)on my 2.0l 16v grand espace went badly wrong and I had it recond. now getting the same problem fault code indicating pressure problems the chap is going to fix it under warrantee:steam: thank goodness.

To my question, lost faith in the car now, thinking of getting either 2.2dci auto or 3.0dci auto circa 20.000 miles around 3 years old what do you all think of the boxes on these cars are they rubbish like the DPO on my car ? will the extra torque from the diesel chew them up.

Thoughts and help gratefuly received.

Dave

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i also drive 2002 2.0 16v and have had no problems at all from my box and i tow a caravan as well. When the car was 2 years old it had a new box put in under warranty for what reason i do not know i think it was recalled. Its like this you get a good one or a bad one and i also think if your a harsh driver always giving it boot i do not think any box will last to long its not that iam saying your harsh because iam not but there are many drivers out there that are not to kind to there cars and then getting big problems and rebuilds.Iam disabled so i have to drive a Auto but if i had a choice i would stay well clear i hope this help you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts