Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 96 (n) espace 2.2 auto which seems to stay in 3rd and not change up into 4th sometimes.
Even with taking my foot off the throttle it doesnt change up but other times it fine.
Sometimes when its started and put in R it does not engage either but thats only when its started and put striaght into r but if you leave the engine running for about 1min then put it in r its fine.
I cant seem to find how to check the level in the box only where to top it up.
Also is there an easy way to change the cooling fan switch other than removing the radiator as I cant seem to get anything onto the old one the loosen it.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi iam not sure on your model if there is a plug half way down the front of the Auto box if you take this plug out with a 17mm socket or spanner when you are topping it up from the top if it starts to run out you will have your level.If its the same as mine you will need Renault to do the level and running temperature diagnostics test on it,i would not tend to mess about as this is a very expensive piece of kit,it might be better to have this done as soon as, my local independent garage can also do this and is much cheaper as well iam sure you will have a garage in your area that will be able to also do it for you much cheaper that Renault.If it is staying in 3 gear this is a safe mode that the car is designed to do as to protect the box from doing further damage and letting you get it to the garage to have it repaired.Iam sorry i cant answer any of your other questions all the best Donald.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts