Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. can anyone help have a 1994 espace petrol. when i have to pull away in a hurry there is a loud bang the front end seems to come up then after a while pops back down. feels like the banging is from the left front wheel ant suggestions thanks

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi it could be top strut bearing or a ball joint and a drop link stabalizer or even a engine mount but my guess is the top strut bearing i hope this helps Donald

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
hi donald thanks for info will keep me going for a while
Thats not a problem i hope iam right i have in the last few priced all those parts and the bearing iam talking about from a motor factors is about £35 complete with the cup it sits in and the bearing on its own is around£20 cheers Donald

·
Registered
63 Posts
the bang is an engine mounting failed, had it on my espace. open the bonnet then get someone to watch the engine as you pull forward or reverse, cost me £25 quid to sort and 15 mins of my time, easy change

·
Registered
1 Posts
Winchester

I have the same problem at present I found that it is bottom engine mount or (engine movement ristrictor) the rubber bush inside has perished dealer part £174 or there about but its updated design not shure how it fits will know better this week some time if u still have problem
will post U

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Hi
In my opinion it might be 2 things: One of the engine/gearbox mounts OR There is a rubber bush on the wishbone towards the back of the vehicle. I would try to examine bush firstly. I had both problems on my older espace( I did in it 340 k Miles before sold it :)). Anyway one distinctive thing if it is engine mount - rear gear will engage difficult. at least on mine it was doing that.

Hope this helps

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Almost certainly engine mounts. There are rubber blocks bonded to metal plates top and bottom and after a while the rubber separates from the plate. This allows the whole engine to lift. Very easy to see if someone else drives the car and you watch the sump from outside. The engine can lift enough for the sump to disappear from view.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts