Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Have an annoying problem with Espace (1995) brakes.
At startup when first depressed there is a hissing noise from the brake peadal area and the brakes do not work. This carrys on each time the pedal is depressed until a slight pop noise is heard after which hissing stops and brakes work perfectly well?
Tried the local garage who say they cant find anything wrong.
Any help appreciated!:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Joepose and welcome ... it sounds servo related, have you checked that condition of the servo hoses/pipes or more likely I think the servo mounted non return valve?

When you say the brakes dont work, do you mean they are rock hard, and after the "pop" you get pedal travel?
If so sound like the non return valve has/is failing ... maybe some of the other guys in the trade or a RTE will have some other ideas that might confirm or dispel what I've just said.

All that said though I'd get it seen to as a matter of urgency ... no brakes at 75mph is not fun :eek: and it will only get worse.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Truckbusuk,
Thank you for the quick response. Will get the servo checked out and inform our mechanic as to where to begin his search.
You were correct in your sypnosis of no travel on pedal and as soon as the pop has happened we are then getting travel and brakes work fine for the duration of your journey.
Regards.:beer:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts