Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I'm having trouble using my card.

Basically it locks / unlocks the doors no problem but when I insert the card, I get card not recognized. If i take the card out and re-insert it a number of times it unlocks and starts ok. However this is becoming more and more difficult.

Also when it does start, it randomly comes up with card not detected whilst driving.

I have replaced the battery today but am still having the same problem.

I'm thinking it's more the card reader than the card, please can anyone help?

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, I've wrestled the card reader out and dismantled it.

The reader was full of dust and crap which I cleaned out.

The plastic strips which actuate the micro switches were intact.

I put a meter across the micro switches and when actuated, there is continuity there, however I needed to put a bit of pressure on them to get them to work.

I reassembled the reader in the car and when the card is put in gently, it still comes up with card not recognised but when I put it in more forcefully it works fine.

I'm assuming the micro switches are on the way out so I'm getting on ebay now to get some new micro switches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had the same problem with my Renault Espace ,Bought a card reader on E Bay for £15 pounds and worked a treat ,You can also use a Laguna card reader and does not need programmed ,plug in and go,good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
HI I'm having trouble using my card.

Basically it locks / unlocks the doors no problem but when I insert the card, I get card not recognized. If i take the card out and re-insert it a number of times it unlocks and starts ok. However this is becoming more and more difficult.

Also when it does start, it randomly comes up with card not detected whilst driving.

I have replaced the battery today but am still having the same problem.

I'm thinking it's more the card reader than the card, please can anyone help?

Thanks
The card readers very rarely cause you the problem it's a common fault with magane key fobs firstly if you fob is open and locking the doors the battery is good, your problem seems to be the coil inside the fob itas 3 soldered pins from the coil to the circuit board the solder breaks at the board 1 or normally 2 and so the contact between the coil and the board its a solid connection its the coil soldered to the board thats being read a bad or broken solder joint makes the signal intermittent cut round the edges of the fob open it up you'll see the 3 solder joints on the coil more then likely 2 will be broken solder joints resoldering will stop this problem if you want to a thin piece of foam underneath and tap holding it in place put it in line with the arrow which shows you the way to put the card in doing this slightly put pressure on the coil joints making it seen by the cars reader if this works its an indication you have broken solder joint on the coil resoldering stops all this problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts