Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I think that my clutch has been going for a week or so now(juddering on pull away in 1st gear, and limited clutch pedal travel) Today I went out and the pedal travel was virtually non existent, I could not get any gears, and had a delighful burning smell! Has the clutch gone? Is it easy to change? Help!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
If it's a hydrualic clutch then search the forum as there was a recent post where a guy did his own and saved a lot of cash. :)

I spent 650 ona new one 1 1/2yrs ago.:mad:

Nick

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hydraulic fault?

Thanks for that. Having read thru alot of the threads, it sounds like the problem may be the hydraulic master/slave units from the clutch pedal forwards. Would this tally with my previous description? Can anyone tell me how to remove the dashboard? Do you have to remove all the dashboard or just the driver side behind the steering wheel? Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Both Sides! - The master cylinder is behind the clutch pedal the pipe then travels left to the passengers side where it goes though the bulk head to the engine bay, which connects to the slave cylinder. The new clutch has a top up reservoir which you have to fit behind the steering column

·
Registered
81 Posts
The parts for my hydraulic system cost £270 which I did myself, but the clutch system (clutch plate ect) I'm having done at Mr Clutch for £300 (too much work!) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts