Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Nov 2000 espace 2.0 16v.
Today I noticed a pool of fluid appearing in the drivers matwell coupled with a detrioration of the clutch pedal travel.
The fluid is running down the clutch pedal arm and dripping on the floor.
When I depress the clutch little seems to happen until the pedal is almost at the floor and the car is almost undrivable now.
I suspect a leak in part of the clutch hydraulic system but can't see how to either temporarily top the fluid up or get at the offending part to replace.
Any help out there?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Seems I have a non serviceable part which needs complete replacement. I understand to get at it I need to remove the dashboard. Is this a big job, is there anyone out there who has info on how to do this?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Thanks for that. Seems I have a non serviceable part which needs complete replacement. I understand to get at it I need to remove the dashboard. Is this a big job, is there anyone out there who has info on how to do this?
Hi as Chris has said do a forum search i think there are pics on the replacment i think, i hope this helps Donald

·
Registered
8 Posts
:eek: hi watts this is my first time i have replied to a post. i drive a espace 2.2 td 98 .the same thing happened to me and it was the hydraulic slave cylinder at the cluych pedal.you have to buy off renault at a scandalous £238 + vat. 1st you have to take the top half of the dash off then the plastic around the steering colum. that gives you access to the cylinder. then you have to go under the bonnet and take off air filter and make room for yourself. you have to disconnect hydraulic hose from the bracket at clutch and pull it through from the engine side then replace the way it was took off.sounds difficult but i am not a mechanic and i did it with a bit of help from my mate it took me about five hours,the worst bit is getting at it hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts