Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I drive a 2004 Espace 2.0 diesel. The dashboard has been flashing on and off occasionally for a few weeks, and has now decided to stop working completely. Help!

It's even worse as I've had to spend £1500 in the last 2 months on the car already - first the fan belt went and wrapped itself around every available part of the engine, and then the timing belt needed replacing......

I've heard that the dashboard thing is a known problem - any ideas/tips for what to do gratefully received!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have suffered the same fate as you with my dashboard on my 2.2 dci 54 reg. Mine was worse as everytime the dash blinked it added another 500 miles or so !! been intermittent for a while but I have found that giving it a sound slapping on top would fire it back into life ! Have checked for bad connection but you're right - its a known fault. My local Renault dealer has informed me that they will replace faulty dash for nominal contribution of £100 from me . . . Not bad for peace of mind . . whats more, they are coming to pick it up and do the job for free !! thats something you dont hear about alot !! I will post their praises following this happy outcome . . regards Glenn

·
Registered
2 Posts
you are lucky. I have a 2004 Espace also with same fault. Renault UK refused to accept the Espace Dash problem was a "common fault" and offered a ridiculous 25% discount on the replacement cost (approx £700). Sent it to Revtronic and they have fixed it and reset the mileage. now the keyfob has refused to unlock the car. Apparently Renault don't replace these either. DON'T BUY RENAULT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts