Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi, i hope this helps someone,

You will see in pic 1 that there is a plug and a screw and this comes from pic 2 to remove the plug just use a small flat screw driver to prise it out and then remove the Torx screw and this will allow you to lift up the complete door handle and once you have done this you will need to remove the electric window switch connector in pic 3 by pushing the clip in and pulling the connector apart,you will now see a screw that is in pic 4 you will now have to remove this,once this is done remove the speaker cover by prising it off with a flat screw driver from the bottom,in pic 5 after you have removed the speaker cover you will see 4 screws holding the speaker itself in place you will need to remove them,after you have done this the speaker will come away from the door and in pic 6 you will now need to remove the connector by pushing the clip in and pulling the connector apart,after this has been done you will see a screw in pic 7 this will now need to be removed,now you will see in pic 8 there is 2 screws they will now need to be removed,in pic 9 you will see another screw that will now need to also be removed,in pic 10 you will see another screw that also needs removed,in pic 11 you will see another screw that will now need removed,in pic 12 there is a plastic trim that is a part of the bottom window in the corner that will know need to be removed to free the panel later,in pic 13 you will see it removed if you use a screw driver and prise it off,in pic 14 you will see a door vent that i have removed,now you will see in pic 11 you will see where the door vent was removed from by prising it off and out from the left side by a flat screw driver,in pic 15 you will see another door vent that i have removed,now in pic 10 you will see where i have removed the vent from in the bottom left hand corner of the door by prising it out from the left side using a flat screw driver,in pic 16 you will see another vent at the top of the door panel on the right side,in pic 17 you will see it removed by the same method by prising it up and out with a screw driver,the door panel is know about ready to be removed but first you will have to split a joint behind the panel by pulling it forward and looking behind it and you will see a steel bar connecting the door opening handle to the locking mechanism this will first need to be split by,in pic 18 & 19 you will see this,in pic 19 you will see a black peice of plastic and if it is pushed away from the door lock and the steel bar in pic 18 lifted up it will then split,if you now pull the door panel up and away from the rest of the door it will come away,the last part is in pic 20 and if you pick this panel away slowly it can be used again when being replaced when it all going back together in reverse,this will know give you access to all what is behind it,i hope this helps all the best Donald.

More pic to follow

pics added in this post http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showpost.php?p=644954&postcount=14

Attachments

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Super post Donald, great pictures and not a crumb of choccy
in sight. I tried to give you some sweeties but apparently I have to spread it around a bit :d
Regards leroy

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Super post Donald, great pictures and not a crumb of choccy
in sight. I tried to give you some sweeties but apparently I have to spread it around a bit :d
Regards leroy
Hi leroy,thats not a problem the car was given a good clean yesterday so all choco was disposed of in my mouth:d :rofl:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Donald, any chance of posting me the pics for the front drver door panel removal. I cant see them on th thread. I've got a suspect solonoid and came acrros your post. cheers

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Donald, any chance of posting me the pics for the front drver door panel removal. I cant see them on th thread. I've got a suspect solonoid and came acrros your post. cheers
Hi iam sorry johnm2 just after exmas i deleted all my attachments on the forum and loosing them all:crazy: iam sorry about this i can,t even send the ones i used as i do not have them anymore:( :mad: to be honest its not hard to do you will first have to remove all the visual screws on the panel and once you have removed the speaker cover by popping it off with a flat screw driver you will see a holding screw behind the speaker panel, you will also have to removed the screw from the door handle the one you would use to close the door from the inside you will see another screw hidden there once the handle has been removed but to gain access to it first you will need to remove the screw that is hidden behind the plastic cap you see when looking down into the handle just use a small flat screw driver to pop it up to gain access to the screw,once you have done all this if you lift the panel up wards it should just slip out of its recess at the top of the door panel,once this is done you will need to disconnect all the wires going to the door panel itself from the speaker and window switches by pressing the block connectors and pulling apart,you will then see behind the panel a length of steel rod running from the door handle to the lock and half way down it you will see a piece of plastic if you pull or push this apart it will then let you split the rod joint and then you will have the panel free from the door itself to then do what you intended;) i hope this helps Donald.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I have removed " Pics " from the thread title to save Members confusion until the "Pics" are reinstated to the thread

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Espace Front Door Panel Removal

Hi All,

Well after finding out i still had the pic's i deleted many moons ago on this thread i was asked my pm system if i still had them??well yes i have managed to find them in one of my many accounts on photobucket,

Sorry Ive had to use photobucket hosting:eek: to put them back on the forum as saving them all to my desktop seems like to much hard work:eek::d

So i hope this helps,

First remove the door and screw and small cover

Other screws that need removing

Then remove these trims by just pulling them out or off,go easy as some are lets say.... fragile,

Next just pop the speaker cover off using a flat screw driver to get access to the other screws that need removing under it,

Then unplug the speaker wiring plug,

Then unplug the Window switch

Then after you have this done the door panel should just lift off?? but the door handle mechanism will still be attached and until you remove the inner trim like in the pic below will you then get access to the mechanism,its just a case of twisting and pulling apart?i think??check the first post on this thread to make sure as it been years from i did it,

Any questions just ask,

Cheers Don

1 - 15 of 15 Posts