Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
can some one please help me
iv got a renult espace 2.1td 94l the problem im getting now and then is my reverse playing up some tines its fine then orther times wont go in so start up in reverse then fine
all so it seem hard to solect orther gears it ad a clutch about 10 months ago and cable could it be my gearbox
no good or the cable adjusting if could some one please help for got to mention clutch peddle is hard to push in or is that normal one more thing the two symbols on the heating knob 1234 setting theres two blue ice symbols do this mean its got a/c do not have the manaul to check
so if any one can me iwould be most greatfull
thanks bob

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
A stiff clutch pedal can indicate either a defective clutch cable or a defective clutch pressure plate. Has the pedal become heavier as time has progressed?

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
the clutch is most likely causing your gear problem but there are so many different problems ie pedal, cable, brackets on gearbox lever on gearbox its impossible to tell online

The blue dots are easy they are indeed for the aircon settings high and low cooling :)

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
sounds very much like the clutch cable needs adjusting just undo the lock nut then adjust the clutch nut one flat at a time clock wise .try the cluthch untill youve got the adjustment right ! watch your wrists on the heat shield as it gets very hot very fast good luck let us know how you get on

·
Registered
20 Posts
Heavy Clutch

Hi
My 1994 2.0 i espace developed the same problem a very heavy clutch.
I removed the top and lower dash, Stripped down the peadle box found that the bushes were badly worn and the hole on the shaft had gone oval, i built up the worn parts with wield then filed it round.
The bushes are only 56 pence each from the main steeler.
Now this repair removed the excess play in both clutch and brake peadle and helped with the clutch. I also found that the clutch cable was very tight, so i purchased a new cable off Ebay which done the job.
I now have a very light clutch.
The other thing you may want to check with who fitted the clutch that they used the proper diesel friction plate which i read has more tention springs than the petrol.
This would only give problems over a long period of time.
Hope this Helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i had that problem and i replaced the cable 3 weeks later thepedle got stiff again. i terned out to be th cable again.
the inside lining of it hade come out and stufed up the lever. so check that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts