Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Thinking of headlight upgade to HID on an Espace

I know that you need automatic headlight leveling sensors, where wound I fit them ? .

Is it just sensors and headlight wiring.

As I think on my 2011 has the wiring loom suitable for this upgade.

I have retro fitted TPMS (will doing a how to guide with pictures shortly).

Tom.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
24,467 Posts
And washers and quite possibly headlamp units as the focal plane may be different.

Fit higher power halogens with ease but change blub type and all sorts of issues creep out the woodwork.
Some will affect what you have to do like levelers and washers, some affect the poor s0d who has just been dazzled by aftermarket HIDs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After a few hours looking around the wheel aches and finding suitable connections.

I will now be purchasing cables and leveling sensors to start the project and trying them out with the standard fitted lights. ( disconnecting the manual control in the car)

Then the next step will be to buy complete HID headlights and fit.(trying to find the right part numbers as I would to keep the DRL that is already fitted)

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,500 Posts
Need to buy full unit Ren dont sell them without unit...
There is a thread on here , someone made one out of metal...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are all connecting rods the same length, could you use one off a Clio or any other model perhaps.

Will have a look in my local recyclers.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,500 Posts
Not a clue. Its find the unit, one for sale somewhere, get the part number, and cross reference over...

Few members on here, have been on a long time, so you never know..
If its been mentioned they will reveal all..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts