Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was out today in my Espace with all seats removed as i was going to move a suite today i know what my car does on cornering when dry and wet and i also know what my tyres can do on most road surfaces when wet and dry also but when all the 5 middle and backs seats are removed you lose 150kg of weight each seat weighs 30kg which i very heavy for a removable seat that my wife can't even lift or struggle to lift,the warning i have is the cars handling and cornering changes alot the under steer is out of this world it does not steer.............:crazy: i just thought i would share this with you as a warning,Drive Safe cheers Donald.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try the back bench seat from a Chrysler Grand Voyager, They have wheels to move them and are the size of a small settee. Trouble is getting them down from the back.
Stupid or what chris thats the first time ive had mine all out at once we only ever use the 5 seats the other 2 are took out at caravan season for space that we do use but i think i will stay with the Espaces little problems rather than the voyagers fuel costs:crazy:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Best seating arrangement I have seen is the Honda Jazz all one handed no need to remove head rests folds flat, Excellent albeit a lot smaller than people carriers but a good solution.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best seating arrangement I have seen is the Honda Jazz all one handed no need to remove head rests folds flat, Excellent albeit a lot smaller than people carriers but a good solution.

Regards

Ottoman
Hi yes i look at one of them with my brothers wife very neatly done that its about time that seats in people carriers should just fold down into the floor pan god there is enough room on the espace to do this and on the friends new S Max the back two do it but i have to say they are not much of a seat compaired to my back seats there is no differance with them to the others

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah temp seats Donald.

Regards

Ottoman
I think they are no good only for kids they should do both i know they do both but i would not like to see them after a good few years:crazy: if only adults using them

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
the old savannah was the best seating arrangement.
they all folded down neatly.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
It is surprising how differently many cars road holding is affected by the change in weight - even the difference in having a full tank of gas can add 60 kilos or so - I hate to think what happens to american cars when the have full or near empty tanks - especially with heir soft wallowing suspensions. In Formula 1 it is always a trade off where the weight of the fuel reduces acceleration times but also reduces grip whilst cornering.:)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Stupid or what chris thats the first time ive had mine all out at once we only ever use the 5 seats the other 2 are took out at caravan season for space that we do use but i think i will stay with the Espaces little problems rather than the voyagers fuel costs:crazy:
If you were to ever, ever, ever contemplate a Grand Voyager, then take a look at the NCAP test results first.

Would you really want to swap one of the best rated cars in the category for the very, very worst?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you were to ever, ever, ever contemplate a Grand Voyager, then take a look at the NCAP test results first.

Would you really want to swap one of the best rated cars in the category for the very, very worst?
OMG:crazy:not that keen on it anyway ugly thing

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
donald did you know theres a brake compensator underneath the back end on your espace alters dependant of load geuss what they sieze for fun and can make the back end very very skitish when all the seats removed ( i do this a lot throw a rubble bag in the back and take contents to the tip for myself and elderly niegbours evry couple of months and you can feel the differance on the way back )

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
donald did you know theres a brake compensator underneath the back end on your espace alters dependant of load geuss what they sieze for fun and can make the back end very very skitish when all the seats removed ( i do this a lot throw a rubble bag in the back and take contents to the tip for myself and elderly niegbours evry couple of months and you can feel the differance on the way back )
Hi peanuts yes the load sensing valve or compensator what ever you call it?i will look into this but is this not for braking distribution when under load?all i was experiencing was under steer not braking i may wrong and if so i will wind my neck in:rofl: thanks Donald.

i guess i will go and get on my hands and knees again and have i little look:d :rofl:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The load sensing valve is for the brakes only and doesn't affect the suspension and they have a nasty habbit of seizing up and causing MOT brake failures. Additionally if it is not working properly it will affect how the car steers during braking. If you climb in below and get someone to pump the brake you should see it moving.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts