Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Here we go again, when something is fixed with blood, sweat and tears...more tears are coming. With this car I have created a river..... =)

My Espace have gone in to limp mode and when checking fault code in Delphi I get -

DF651 -
"Turbine upstream pressure sensor circuit"
"Short Circut to ground or open circuit"
"Permanent"

DF312 -
"Speed request"
"Permanent"

I may also mention that my EGR valve was faulty and I have had it replaced and cleaned the pipes. The pipe did not look nice and it looks like there was some oil in it also. That is now fixed.

How to troubleshoot this where problem could be?
I also have "check injection" on the dash and because of the faulty EGR I now have "FAP Regenerate".
Since I changed the EGR the error message "Check Emission" on dash is gone.

What worries me is that this happened to me exactly 2 years ago when driving on a bumpy road and after a bigger bump I got "Check injection" on dash and same problem with limp mode.Luckily I was not stranded on a desolate road with family and children in 40 degrees Celsius summer heat, but I could "limp" the car to the nearest autoshop where they replaced EGR and exhaust pressure sensor and "problem" was fixed.

Now a couple of weeks ago, same thing - a bump and the message "Check injection" came on the dash and then was gone, and came back on again after a couple of minutes and then vanished for a couple of minutes and then back on again. Like this it was for a few hours, on and of like a pinball-machine and now its permanent.

Where to start the troubleshooting?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Thank you all! Is there someone who knows where the "turbine upstream pressure sensor" is located? If not, maybe name of sensor or partnumber?
Is partnumbers
82 00 292 433
82 00 685 363
this sensor?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Steel pipe round the back of the engine on rear of turbo. Leads to sensor on O/S top rear of engine.
Remove engine cover, cabin filter housing, heat shield and follow your nose.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,025 Posts

·
41,025 Posts
Sorry meant to add the part numbers you have posted are for the map sensor. picture above

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Steel pipe round the back of the engine on rear of turbo. Leads to sensor on O/S top rear of engine.
Will check this tomorrow! Checked the DFP sensor also today all all looked good. Maybe its easier to reach from beneath?
Isn't this boost pressure sensor? Its not it - since I have replaced it and read the voltage.Number is 1071

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you mean the turbine temperature sensor? Its not it - voltage all OK and tests.
Turbine Upstream Pressure Sensor I get 0 volts from software, but have no clue where this darn sensor is....

·
Registered
36 Posts
1071 is turbine upstream pressure sensor. Should read between 0-5 volts.
Should give some voltage when running.
1589 is turbine temp sensor round back of engine on turbo. Not on your picture.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1071 is turbine upstream pressure sensor. Should read between 0-5 volts.
Should give some voltage when running.
1589 is turbine temp sensor round back of engine on turbo. Not on your picture.
Hi,
Have replaced the 1071 (boost sensor) and still same problem. Have replaced the turbine temp sensor since it did not respond with any new error code when I unplugged it (thinking it was causing the problem with df651).
Now I am only left with one sensor and that is 1299 - TURBO TURBINE FRONT PRESSURE SENSOR. However I noticed today some oddities with the cables - (see attached) images. Is this normal and stock? It cant be right?

Second I also checked the fuses to see if there where issues there. Tried a multimeter an mV and on one the voltage did not go back to 0.0 but stayed 0.6-0.8. Is this normal? It can not be. Do I have some problem with grounding and could this be somehow connected with the mess I am experiencing with the sensors?

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
1071 is not boost sensor.
It is upstream turbine pressure sensor. Simply exhaust manifold pressure before turbo.
Start from the beginning and keep it simple.
What fault codes do you have at the mo?
You say you checked a voltage, What of ?
Keep it simple and slowly.
What codes have you got at the mo ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1071 is not boost sensor.
It is upstream turbine pressure sensor. Simply exhaust manifold pressure before turbo.
Start from the beginning and keep it simple.
What fault codes do you have at the mo?
You say you checked a voltage, What of ?
Keep it simple and slowly.
What codes have you got at the mo ?
Hello George,
Still same fault code -
DF651 -
"Turbine upstream pressure sensor circuit"
"Short Circut to ground or open circuit"
"Permanent"

DF312 -
"Speed request"
"Permanent"

If I "unplug" the sensor connector of 1071 I get a new completely different error code (think it was DF004 or DF054), but the DF651 remains still....
Regarding the voltage I checked it with car diagnostics software (Delphi)

·
41,025 Posts
Please dont post pictures of copyright software,,
(thats Autocom , )

I know its a barsteward when you have a mechanic who's a mod, and knows all the software thats allowed to be put on site

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please dont post pictures of copyright software,,
(thats Autocom , )

I know its a barsteward when you have a mechanic who's a mod, and knows all the software thats allowed to be put on site
Dont fully understand my wrongdoings for posting error codes and output of data from software. We are not allowed to do so?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sorry my mistake.
Using 2 computers and now found they have different versions of Visu.
1071 is indeed Turbo Charging Pressure Sensor.

Upstream Turbine Pressure Sensor I believe Visu refers to this as Turbo Turbine Front Pressure Sensor.
This is 1299 on your diagram. To find it follow my post No 3 above.
This sensor should show some voltage on scanner with engine running. Around 2V.

·
Registered
36 Posts
And also worth noting, on a scanner Turbine Temp Sensor will read 200.1 Deg C with either ignition on or engine ticking over. On a cold engine how daft is that?
It will only go above this value when pulling revs up for a few seconds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Screenshots
Have deleted them
last warning here. I WILL BAN you
YOU CANNOT POST ANY INFO PICTURES WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT ON THIS SITE
Autodata, has already given this site a warning over their info..
WHAT part are you missing here I know what is allowed on the site
AND I read every post on every thread

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Screenshots
Greetings,
Just measured the voltage with multimeter on 1299 connector. 1 and 3 gives constant 5,02 volts, 1 and 2 gives me 0.0 volts, 2 and 3 gives me constant 4,8v.

Also tried to find partnumber for the sensor but it looks like its impossible mission. Do I need to replace the complete set with pipes or is it possible to replace the top sensor part (if I find partnr)?

Found 8201000764 but the pins are wrong since my connector has 3 pins in a straight line...(maybe that is why the cable to the connector was cut and joined maybe with a different connector?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts