Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone had the pleasure of having to change a fuse in an Espace IV ?

I was messing around with a third party stereo and managed to blow a fuse.

When I opened the fuse box to see what fuse it was, I was prety shocked.

Whilst most of them can be taken out, a few of them are not easily accessible - unless if all your fingers are double-jointed and your hands are the size of a 2 year old.

I got there in the end by using some long tools. But if I had not been at home and had been somewhere out, I'd be well and truly stuck.

Who on earth designed this?

Has anyone else had to do this? Is there a trick I'm missing?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
:d Hi yes there is a fuse puller in the fuse compartment unless its been lost i hope this helps all the best Doanld.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
I have only pulled out a fuse that was in an 'open' location using the fuse puller - I haven't tried the more awkward ones - you're right the do start to dissappear under the dash.

I did fing the diagram showing which fuses were which difficult to get in the right orientation at first.

·
Registered
34 Posts
why didn't they attach it to a thin cord,save losing it down the hole.......making them all accesible would have been nice too.......

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
The inaccessibility of many of the fuses and light fittings of Reanaults, and most other makes of car, make it more likely for you to think, "s*d this for a game of soldiers," and go to the dealer to have it done........

Think Modus headlight bulbs, rear bank V6 coils, all Renault indicators etc etc!!

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Its easy .... use a set of long nose radio pliers ... the "plastic" fuse puller is useless.

Hope it helps :)

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Truckbus

- good tip - seems obvious now mentioned - but often blinded by the 'toys' Renault provide.

Tried to give you rep points but not worked out how or maybe I don't have this option.

Cheers

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi ns.thompson, nothing smart ... just been there and done it ... hope it helped:)

For the future .. the reputation points are accessed if you click the scales icon on the LHS.

Have some on me :d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts