Independent Renault Forums banner

Espace IV - Fusebox

Tags
fusebox
6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Truckbusuk 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had the pleasure of having to change a fuse in an Espace IV ?

I was messing around with a third party stereo and managed to blow a fuse.

When I opened the fuse box to see what fuse it was, I was prety shocked.

Whilst most of them can be taken out, a few of them are not easily accessible - unless if all your fingers are double-jointed and your hands are the size of a 2 year old.

I got there in the end by using some long tools. But if I had not been at home and had been somewhere out, I'd be well and truly stuck.

Who on earth designed this?

Has anyone else had to do this? Is there a trick I'm missing?

#5 ·
I have only pulled out a fuse that was in an 'open' location using the fuse puller - I haven't tried the more awkward ones - you're right the do start to dissappear under the dash.

I did fing the diagram showing which fuses were which difficult to get in the right orientation at first.

#8 ·
The inaccessibility of many of the fuses and light fittings of Reanaults, and most other makes of car, make it more likely for you to think, "s*d this for a game of soldiers," and go to the dealer to have it done........

Think Modus headlight bulbs, rear bank V6 coils, all Renault indicators etc etc!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.