Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have an issue with the Camshaft sensor circuit.
Intermittent errors that cut the engine at the totally wrong times.

The problem started with me cutting the cable when attaching the gearbox back onto the engine... (Always look twice - then again) Cable replaced by soldering on something similar.

I have replaced the sensor - twice!
Only one of the sensors permit the car to drive - a little.

So - what to do??

Thanks guys and gals
Tor-Olav

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you sure you are dealing with the camshaft sensor and not the crankshaft sensor which is by the gearbox. The camshaft sensor is on the front timing case usually held in with a 10mm bolt or similar

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure you are dealing with the camshaft sensor and not the crankshaft sensor which is by the gearbox. The camshaft sensor is on the front timing case usually held in with a 10mm bolt or similar

Its the one that feels the flywheel spinning. Or so I thought....
That would be a major error..
I any case, that's the one that got the cable cut.

·
Registered
112 Posts
like land117 replied the sensor you have repaired the wiring too is the crank position sensor which reads the flywheel to work out the tdc point, the code you have is for the camshaft sensor, i would forget looking down by the gearbox you have obviously repaired the wiring fine and check the wiring to the the camshaft sensor up top and test/replace the cam sensor if necessary. unfortunately you ave a coincidental 2nd fault happening at the same time you have repaired one, it happens

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2.2 movano did exactly the same all the symptoms suggested crank but on scanning turned out to be cam sensor think cost about £40 from euro car parts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
like land117 replied the sensor you have repaired the wiring too is the crank position sensor which reads the flywheel to work out the tdc point, the code you have is for the camshaft sensor, i would forget looking down by the gearbox you have obviously repaired the wiring fine and check the wiring to the the camshaft sensor up top and test/replace the cam sensor if necessary. unfortunately you ave a coincidental 2nd fault happening at the same time you have repaired one, it happens
Thanks!
I will check this

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:
I was almost happy.
The Renault Dealer in North Zeeland DK, gave me a length of twisted cable.
I replaced the cable from the crankshaft to the ECU connector.

No problems, until engine hot. Then the odd kangaroo jump....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts