Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird problem on my 2004 Espace 2.0T automatic.
When I push the brake when driving or parked the parking assist thinks the car is in revers, activates and beeps once in the same manner as when the car is put into revers.
Using a iCarsoft reader I have verify that the parking assist module senses that reverse is activated, but the automatic transmission module has the gears registered correct with no reverse activation.
Does anyone have a clue what could cause this? A bad connection somewhere is most likely in this car....
How does the parking module sense that the car is in reverse? I would quess via CANbus communication with the transmission module. Seems like the gear selector switch is only connected to the transmission control module, Can not fint a wired signal back to the parking assist module in the trunk.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: Still have not found the fauilt, but eliminated some causes. The problem was still present when I unplugged the auto gearbox control module, so it does not get any information about being placed in reverse from that. The gear selector switch is only connected to the gear control module. Also the reverse ligth does not turn on.
When disconnecting the parking assist control module, the beeping goes away. I will have to do this for MOT if I can't fix it.
What else could trigger the parking assist? Is is connected to the single wire diagnostic interface, can't find any other ways it could be activated. Could be a bad connection/grounding causing the brake light to trigger it somehow?

·
Premium Member
6,628 Posts
Hi

I think you may have hit the nail on the head in your last sentence. Try removing the bulbs from each of the rear brake lights
(one at a time) and see if you are still getting the same issue. If it stops then you need to check the earthing wires for that lamp.

Al

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,844 Posts
Probably the plating on the lamp unit where the wiring loom plugs onto it. Try cleaning it, if it’s too worn, it’s a shared earth for all bulbs, so a wire can be soldered/riveted onto the earth track in the light unit and the other end soldered to the earth wire just after the loom connector.
Did this on both sides of my wife’s old Megane 2 estate and cured earth problems making the indicators light upon braking and all sorts of daft things. It’s an easy fix... I managed it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts