Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

This is a 2011 Grand Espace IV 2.0 DCi
I was in changing the air filter today, and was putting things back together...
No idea what's happened, but it looks like this solenoid boost valve has "come off".
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive fuel system
t's attached to It's attached to a bracket, and i've no idea where it should be mounted..

The MAF plug splits off to a 2 wire that goes to the solenoid.

Any ideas? Help!!!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,465 Posts
Has it come off, Or been dangling over the back

Pick it up, and see how far the wires will reach
Now look for a bolt or thread that the hole in the bracket could fit onto ,
As long as the pipes are not kinked, the solenoid has not got a chance of getting wet you can put it anywhere you want if you cannot find where it goes

Reactions: Dancingdad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for replying. I think I know whats happened. The car has been worked on by a succession of numpties, so a missing bolt is not a surprise. They must have wedged the bracket back in minus the bolt (see the rust on the threads). I must have dislodged it when lifting up the relay box for air filter access.

Did a little detective work and found out that dialogys has no diagram for this, either in the air intake circuit or battery box diagrams.
One youtube video gets me a glimpse of what looks like the proper position. Slightly angled, but based on bracket orientation etc and the fact the relay box slopes inward this makes sense.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Automotive design

So it must clip/bolt to the back of the battery box. Had a look on ebay for one and found a decent pic of the back of the battery box. Just below the keyhole there's an indentation which suggests the bracket will fit there.

Automotive tire Tire Grille Automotive lighting Bumper

Creative arts Personal protective equipment Metal Wood Fashion accessory

Need to go remove the battery now, will report back success/tears as now i need to find a suitable bolt/washer... It's good discovering this crap just before a big trip!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts