Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Owners of Espace Phase 4

How well do you doors fit?

One of mine is slightly out - lining up at the gaps.

Just wondered if this is common - or whether mine has had a bash in the past??

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually now fixed it. A bit of dutch courage (must have been the couple of beers I just consumed)

The drivers door when shut was not flush at the top near the bottom of the window. It was as thought it went in 1 - 2 mm. Anyway I uncouthly held the window surround and yanked on that part of the door - now it is flush.

I am not reccomending this - but as the doors are so large I guess if they get caught or excessively pushed/bashed it may not take a lot to put them out of true.

On this occasion I got away with it. Obviously on joint lines there will be a tolerance on gap width and flushness.

Cheers

Nigel

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Having had several Espaces ... Id say the panel gaps on the Espace IV are surprisingly good, one of the few bits It has'nt been back to the dealer for :rolleyes:

Glad you "fixed it" :)

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess at times things like panel gaps can fade into insignificance. Must be because I have had no issues on the car for 2 months (oh no thats gone and done it).

As you say Espace 4 pretty good on body panel fit -

Had a phase 2 - GRP bonnet did not fit very well
and a phase 3 boot never seemed a good fit

Anyway not things to loose sleep over.

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
The Espace IV is the first Espace we have had that didnt have a squeek from the tailgate .... countless visits to dealers, fixed for a week or two ... it always returned.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts