Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Espace 2 litre petrol as titled.
I hav e noticed when sitting stationary with engine running, as if at traffic lights, the brake pedal starts falling.
I have had a garage look at the system and cannot establish any defect, Renault have been contacted and are unaware of any problems.
A rolling brake tester machine was employed and it showed very good braking efficiency to such an extend that with the falling pedal the efficiency actually increased.
If the engine is stopped a couple of presses empties the servo and a high solid brake pedal is maintained.
When the engine is started and revved, the brake pedal sinks again corresponding to the vacuum of the engine decelerating.
On the open road the pedal always behaves as expected and has (touch wood) been faultless.
I have even stopped the car on a steep gradient hill to establish if the pedal would fall and the brake start to fail but in the "test" the pedal remained firm and braking efficiency maintained.
The examining mechanic wonders if it is a feature of the brake system and not a fault as apparently some Mercedes vans display a similar charachteristic.
Has anyone else experienced any of the above and if so what was the outcome?
Many thanks in anticipation.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
my mkIV 3.0 dci has always done the same. Independant Renault garage in Nuneaton told me it was normal when I queried it with them, and it does have awesome stopping power.

It's to do, apparently, with the automatic brake bias control or some such wizzardry

Reactions: Big Dav

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
d'E.b.m.e., thank you very much for getting back to me on this thread, only yesterday did I manage to get hold of a Renault Tech who was able to advise similarly and to mention the Renault Trafic's behave in a similar manner.
Once again, thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts