Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Grande Espace's display reads 99.9 on MPG. I believe that every now and then it displays a sensible figure ( either that or im going barmy).The other displays do give a figure but they are totaly unrealistic as well ( 1700 miles before empty!). Ive only got 3/9th of a tank left ( why 9 bars and not 10?) and it tells me that i can go 700 miles. Can any one give me advice?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Resetting MPG

I have the latest espace shape, you use the right hand stork end button to change all the settings. Try pressing and holding the button until the dashes come up when driving this changes to instant MPG, and possibly it could reset the computor. Worth a try. Much the same as resetting the trip mileage

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Ive tried holding down the button. It zeros the trip, it settts the MPG to --- then it goes back to 99.9. However every now and then I get a relistic reading which litarly flashes up then reverts back to 99.9. If I set the display to the "distance to empty" display then I get most of the time a unrealistic milage eg 1700 miles!! but then every now and then it flashes up something sensible.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Daniel

Is your car a petrol? Have you noticed any change in performance recently - ie juddering etc?

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, if its still under warranty, get back to the dealer quickly, it could be a dash or ECU problem or sender, and you really want that fixed while it still under warranty.

Hope it helps:)

·
2,311 Posts
Hi, unfortunate ... still if its not far out try them with a goodwill claim, otherwise I think you may have to pay for diags to be run as I'm sure the fuel consumption is calculated from the ECU as opposed to an individual sensor.

sorry its not looking better :eek:

·
2,311 Posts
Oh, tank capacity ... I thought it was a six segment display (it is on mine) as its an 18 gallon tank and each segment is 3 gallons ... same in ltrs ... 82 ltrs divided by 6 is 14ltrs approx ... 3 gallons....

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Blackie - do you still have the Espace manual mentioned in your posts? Could you possibly look up the torque setting for the crankshaft pulley for me please?

Would really appreciate your help (or someone else's who knows!).

Many thanks

Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
racer, you are a star, many thanks - I can sleep peacefully now!

where did you get your "autodata cd"?

All the best

mimbrit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts