Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. my espace 2lt petrol 1995 will not start parked it up at night went to it the next morning turned key and nothing starter not even clicking, have charged battery but still nothing anyone got any ideas.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums.

Checked the earth strap on engine and battery ok .

I'm sure someone with a more tech knowledge than I will assist you shortly.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still not got it started all lights work + radio but engine will not turn over will it be starter or something else.

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
do any of the lights etc work did the central locking unlock or did you have to do it with te key could be a problem i had some time ago .where the multi conectors go into the fusebox they can come loose causing arcing & burning this eventualy causes the problem you have .open the glove box drop your fuse board whitch will reveal the conectorscarfully remove and check them clean them and there mounts on the fuse board (switch cleaner or wd if your stuck)check in the conectors that non are bent or damaged then reasemble makeing sure thay are pushed firmly home testing as you go (i think the big browny red one is the one for the ignition ) if this doesent cure it check that your key is going all the way home properly as a big heavy key ring can break the internals . let us know if this helps if it dont will rack my feeble brains for anything else i can remeber ok best of luck keith

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, hope you get help with this, our espace 92 2.9V6 has the same problem, turn key and nothing. 2hrs later turned key and away she went. 4 days later turn key nothing. Haven't a clue where to start.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts