Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Newbie here. Great forum. Good wealth of knowledge.

Recently acquired a 2000 Grand Espace with the 2.0 16v.

I work on classics every day but this newer stuff is a lot of plastic and finesse so I'd like to be carefull.

So far I've pulled the dash by the steering column to get rid of an antitheft system that had and also from above to replace some bulbs on the instrument cluster.

On my LHD Espace I have a rev counter. It works but is very dimly lit. It doesn't respond to turning the headlights on and off. It's the same brightness as the instrument cluster if you dim it to it's lowest setting.

In other words, unreadable. Does anyone know if it has a backlight other than LED, in other words is it fixable or does it need replacing as a unit?

If fixable, how to get the little bugger out?!

cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello all

Newbie here. Great forum. Good wealth of knowledge.

Recently acquired a 2000 Grand Espace with the 2.0 16v.

I work on classics every day but this newer stuff is a lot of plastic and finesse so I'd like to be carefull.

So far I've pulled the dash by the steering column to get rid of an antitheft system that had and also from above to replace some bulbs on the instrument cluster.

On my LHD Espace I have a rev counter. It works but is very dimly lit. It doesn't respond to turning the headlights on and off. It's the same brightness as the instrument cluster if you dim it to it's lowest setting.

In other words, unreadable. Does anyone know if it has a backlight other than LED, in other words is it fixable or does it need replacing as a unit?

If fixable, how to get the little bugger out?!

cheers!
Anyone have any idea?

How about just the removal process for that mid dash portion with the vents? From up top or below? Had both off, didn't look straightforward to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts