i need to remove my starter motor as its dead my problem is
a i dont know where it is in the car
b how to remove it properly
has anyone got a diagram of where it is if so can u mail it to EDITED
i'm stuffed without the car

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Thread moved to engines forum for a wider audience.

Please do NOT post any copyrighted diagrams.

Original post edited for this reason and to prevent a members private e-mail address being open to spammers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
by the way if anyone has astarter motor for this model for sale (at the right price ) let me know

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi There, I used to have the same model Espace till i bought a diesel one the starter if you are standing at the front of the car looking at the engine should be located on the right hand side about half way down

Removal:

1, Disconnect The Battery Negative

2, Locate the started and remove the spade connector and the main battery feed (Held On By A 13mm Nut) from the starter.

3, Follow the starter back to where it joins the gearbox and you will find 3 X 16mm (If Memory serve's bolts holding the starter in place remove these bolts and you should be able to lift the starter clear

Another option is to take your starter to an auto electrician and have the starter reconditioned i had mine fully rebuild (almost all new parts) for £45

Hope this helps, If need be i could take a photo of where mine is on the diesel model if you want, let me know

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should also find an L bracket at the terminal end of the starter bolted to the engine with 13mm bolts. To gain access to the starter try removing the air filter housing. It may be easier in the long run to undo the inlet manifold from the engine and move it to one side to see what you are doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts