Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys here's a story...... bought my 02 Espace 2.2 dCi 10 months ago privately and have had troubles ever since; electronic incident warnings galore, new thermostat housing, two new injectors, new MAFS, split water hose, engine overheating, head gasket gone, cracked cylinder head.........

Just had the cyl head replaced by local indie garage and they're stumped as the engine will not start. No fault codes showing up on diags however no pulses detected on the fuel inector system. Any ideas Top Dead Centre sensor or ECU or what?

By they way I've just re-mortgaged the house to pay for it all!!!!! :crazy:

Cheers

RobCity

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Check the TDC sensor via live data. If the ecu reports cranking speed then the sensor is ok. If not then you have your culprit.:d

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My indie garage got it working, but they don't know how! After hours of scratching of heads and cleaning/changing a few things the damn car roared into life for no apparent reason other than turning on the ignition after leaving it for a short while to contemplate. The garage rang up the local Renault service centre to be told they too had an Espace just recently that did exactly the same thing!!!???

If anyone has experienced this and has an answer we'd all be grateful to know...............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts