Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, 1998 Espace passenger side electric window failed. Stripped door panel, checked fuse and wiring all seems OK, still no movement. Took steel case off motor housing and used multimeter to check for current at each brush on motor - one for up and one for down - current when pressing switch up then down had current at each brush in turn (not together). Electric motor still refuses to work. Am I missing somenhing or do I have a knackered motor, and can I get a replacement without removing the whole window mechanism.:confused:
Thanks
Jeremy

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi, 1998 Espace passenger side electric window failed. Stripped door panel, checked fuse and wiring all seems OK, still no movement. Took steel case off motor housing and used multimeter to check for current at each brush on motor - one for up and one for down - current when pressing switch up then down had current at each brush in turn (not together). Electric motor still refuses to work. Am I missing somenhing or do I have a knackered motor, and can I get a replacement without removing the whole window mechanism.:confused:
Thanks
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

I don't think your missing anything at all, it sounds very like its the motor itself iam afraid, if there's current getting to it when using both switches its all pointing to the motor,

Sorry i can't help with dismantling it:eek:

Hope this helps Don

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Don, much as I thought, will try flea bay seems to be a few replacements on offer.

Thanks for the reply, Jeremy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Got new regulator and mechanism, & n/s switch on ebay.
Same problem as before up not down, d/s switch not working (up or down). Split wires on p/s, swapping up and down wires on p/s can get window down but not up.Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram - want to change wiring so only p/s switch will work (up & down) bypass d/switch seems simple eh:confused:
Any thoughts welcome.
Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorted!!
after everything, split wires, removed each section and replaced with a dummy wire all worked apart from Window down until this was replaced. Found a crack in insulation and a possible short where wires grouped through grommit in inner door. Replaced and all hunky dory up and down from d/s and n/s - only taken a couple of months (ish), Now ont the next project....
JeremyW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts