Independent Renault Forums banner

Espace Windows keep failing

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mike H025 
#1 ·
I have only had my Espace for 9 months and in that time three window mechanisms have failed - on three diffferent windows. The first was on the front passenger door, then a rear passenger door and now the other prear passenger door - this time the car was parked but the next day the window had dropped - Renault have quoted another 350euros for a new mechanism. The car is 2008 but has only done 23,000 miles since new so why does this keep happening? - Is it common problem? And is there anything I can do about it apart from keep spending out? Now I am waiting in trepidation for the last one to fail as well!!!!

#2 ·
Window regulator failures are common on Renaults but why buy a Renault replacement - try the website Windowregulatorman and get it fitted by a cheaper independent garage.

There is no need to buy the complete unit if only the cable aspect has failed or evn the glass rretaining clips have broken - these can be bought for around £5-00

#3 ·
Window regulator failures are common on Renaults but why buy a Renault replacement - try the website Windowregulatorman and get it fitted by a cheaper independent garage.

There is no need to buy the complete unit if only the cable aspect has failed or evn the glass rretaining clips have broken - these can be bought for around £5-00
I tried the site but they appear not to do them for the Espace - or at least I can find no entry for that model. I thought there must be a cheaper way and if I have another problem will try again. Thanks for the advice.

#4 ·
I think someone said water getting past the window seal is a good reason for the failure. The module basically rusts up. Your doors probably have drain holes in the bottom, make sure they are clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.