Votes: 13 19.4%
  • Move out

Votes: 54 80.6%

• Total voters
401 - 420 of 452 Posts

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
My advice to Boris Johnson. Have a chat with Roy Hodgson, as he is the only man in England with a coherent plan for leaving Europe

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Should the Gov actually leave, it's said they'll ban Roman Numerals...

Not on my Watch. :smile2:

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
6,436 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Indeed ! They keep making noises about Brexit meaning Brexit but I simply don't trust them as far as I could throw them. I will only believe it's going to happen once article 50 is initiated.
What do they have to gain from dragging things out? It will simply make the markets jittery for longer. Let's get it started and get the hell out of it, then we can start sorting ourselves out.

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
21,980 Posts
So in future i.e. general elections whatever the result goes and its not the result that we really wanted lets kick it out until we get the result we wanted in the first place, does that make sense to you or am I being democratic?

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts

·
Artful Bodger..chief sneaky eliminator
21,980 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
A Referendum is not legally binding, it is the opinion of the general public. An opinion that was asked for and which was given. It would be a very stupid government who would choose to ignore it as we will bring this country to a grinding halt if they do.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,838 Posts
A Referendum is not legally binding, ,,,
Would be an interesting case.
Cameron said that the referendum act had been debated in parliament, gone through the lords and inherent in all that was that the government would act on the will of the people.
1000 barristers may disagree but I'll warrant there is another 1000 who would take the opposite view.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,603 Posts
Our New PM will sort it, when does the right honourable lady move in.
Know she becomes PM Wednesday, but it isnt giving My mate Dave, much chance to find a house and pack.
He thought he was ok till October

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
Would be an interesting case.
Cameron said that the referendum act had been debated in parliament, gone through the lords and inherent in all that was that the government would act on the will of the people.
1000 barristers may disagree but I'll warrant there is another 1000 who would take the opposite view.
The Act concerned only the arrangement for the referendum and the wording of the ballot paper. It said nothing at all about the process of leaving the EU.
The barristers aren't disagreeing that the Act wasn't properly passed. They are suggesting that invoking Article 50 is not in the gift of the Government and requires a debate in Parliament.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,838 Posts
The Act concerned only the arrangement for the referendum and the wording of the ballot paper. It said nothing at all about the process of leaving the EU.
The barristers aren't disagreeing that the Act wasn't properly passed. They are suggesting that invoking Article 50 is not in the gift of the Government and requires a debate in Parliament.
Read what I wrote please.
...and inherent in all that was that the government would act on the will of the people.
Which answered yours before you posted it.

401 - 420 of 452 Posts