Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just had the bill for my mot and service, seems very high or is it about right ?
I think you had a good deal.. lot of work done.
Fan belt and coil spring! they take ages...
and they have rebuilt your brakes!

Not sure about maths... 4 plugs at 2.25 is £9 not 10 !

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
sounds good for the garage.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I would say that was a very good price,especially as they have only charged £35 for the MOT.:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Seems ok to me but I have just spent £683 on service and MOT for my Laguna seems alot but the main renault dealer wanted £1107 (service only) and a franchise dealer quoted £798 (service only) , all this was down to the fact that it was a 72,000 mile service and needed a new timing belt Mechanic also found a problem with the lower crankshaft pully £105 could only source this from renault

if you haven't had a 72,000 mile service yet start saving

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yep seems OK the only thing I would query is the gear oil ? I thought you had a new Auto box fitted about a year ago 10000 miles say so why the gear oil I thought you did not need to change the oil or top it up ?

You could have saved yourself money by topping up your own screen-wash, Also the discrepancy of the plug prices , But these points are just being picky.

Also should coil springs not be changed in pairs ?.

Remember you had a courtesy car as well which they did not charge for.

So all in all a fair price Moi.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did think that about the coils, and as to screenwash I top it up every week so will query that.
Gearbox oil was due to be changed after a year by garage that fitted gearbox but they were going to charge me over £100 + vat to do it

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Screen wash sachets are only small,so when the washers were checked as part of the MOT and service,even if the reservoir when full when the car was left at the garage,this would have made enough space for a sachet,and surely 99p isn't worth falling out about.:)

Coils should ideally be changed as pairs,but this would have made the bill even more expensive!.

Honestly,I really do think that you got a good deal.Looking at the prices,I'd struggle to get decent pads for a trade price lower than the retail you've paid for them,and the same for the wheel cylinders and shoes.The coil spring is bang on what we would charge for one retail,too.

There is a lot of work that has been carried out,and as long as your happy with the car and the work that has been done,I'd walk away very pleased and I would recommend the garage to your friends!.If your still worried about how much you've been charged,get quotes from other garages to do the same work.I'm sure you won't get anywhere near close the price that you've paid.:)

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Screen wash sachets are only small,so when the washers were checked as part of the MOT and service,even if the reservoir when full when the car was left at the garage,this would have made enough space for a sachet,and surely 99p isn't worth falling out about.:)

Coils should ideally be changed as pairs,but this would have made the bill even more expensive!.

Honestly,I really do think that you got a good deal.Looking at the prices,I'd struggle to get decent pads for a trade price lower than the retail you've paid for them,and the same for the wheel cylinders and shoes.The coil spring is bang on what we would charge for one retail,too.

There is a lot of work that has been carried out,and as long as your happy with the car and the work that has been done,I'd walk away very pleased and I would recommend the garage to your friends!.If your still worried about how much you've been charged,get quotes from other garages to do the same work.I'm sure you won't get anywhere near close the price that you've paid.:)

Thanks Lags thats all I wanted to know, I dont have a clue how much these things cost so never know if I am being ripped off or not, yes was a lot of work and as Otto says I did have the courtesy car free of charge as well.
Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts