Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I currently have a Scenic 3 1.5 dci 2010. Runs lovely, starts ok seems to run perfect.

Last week I has the dreaded check injection system come up. So plugged the car into some obd software and it is showing EGT Sensor (p0545).

Does anyone know how to get to this? I have parted with a small forutne to get a replacement at £55 at the main dealers a couple of days ago..... its an expensive resistor!! :crazy:

Any advice would be appreciated............ I know its used to determine gas temp for DPF etc etc

cheers
Tony

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks Tony

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
36,934 Posts
it will be on the exhaust manifold or on the down pipe of the exhaust manifold ,,and that was a really good price,,,, Lambda sensors are more than that

·
Registered
11 Posts
My car has just had the sensor replaced and the warning still shows. got to take it back next week to have the wiring looked at. One thing after another with this POS. As soon as the codes are cleared I'm getting rid.

·
36,934 Posts
How many miles have you done in it,
These sensors wont work right if the dpf is playing silly beggars,
Short journeys the dpf
Was it changed for the fault or because the garage could not get the car to do a forced regen,

·
Registered
11 Posts
The car has done 70k miles fully serviced and does long motorway trips frequently.
In October I had a check injection system shortly followed by an engine failure warning so I got it to the garage where it had 3 failed glow plugs and the DPF was blocked and the car couldn't be forced into a regen so I had the pipe removed and cut open and cleaned as Renault wanted £1100 for the pipe alone as it's one piece.
Had another service as the oil was contaminated anyway and MOT and that lot cost me £850 and that was mates rates.
So to have another injection warning 2 months later that cannot be fixed by changing the part that has failed is just another part failure in a long line of part failures in the 18 odd months I've had it.

·
36,934 Posts
The car has done 70k miles fully serviced and does long motorway trips frequently.
In October I had a check injection system shortly followed by an engine failure warning so I got it to the garage where it had 3 failed glow plugs and the DPF was blocked and the car couldn't be forced into a regen so I had the pipe removed and cut open and cleaned as Renault wanted £1100 for the pipe alone as it's one piece.
Had another service as the oil was contaminated anyway and MOT and that lot cost me £850 and that was mates rates.
So to have another injection warning 2 months later that cannot be fixed by changing the part that has failed is just another part failure in a long line of part failures in the 18 odd months I've had it.
Whats the sensor in for then?
Did he check the two rubber pipes going to the pressure sensor? This is the part of the system I would be checking, that sensor only gets used for regen, its a heating element,

Have you had the D P F mapped out

·
36,934 Posts
Hi All

I currently have a Scenic 3 1.5 dci 2010. Runs lovely, starts ok seems to run perfect.

Last week I has the dreaded check injection system come up. So plugged the car into some obd software and it is showing EGT Sensor (p0545).

Does anyone know how to get to this? I have parted with a small forutne to get a replacement at £55 at the main dealers a couple of days ago..... its an expensive resistor!! :crazy:

Any advice would be appreciated............ I know its used to determine gas temp for DPF etc etc

cheers
Tony

Can anyone please advise?

Many thanks Tony
You say you are not using it, WHY.
Does your scanner do a forced regen,
Was there any other fault,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whats the sensor in for then?
Did he check the two rubber pipes going to the pressure sensor? This is the part of the system I would be checking, that sensor only gets used for regen, its a heating element,

Have you had the D P F mapped out
I can't say what he has or hasn't checked I did get the car back quickly after he replaced the temp sensor as it was xmas eve. I'm sure he'll give it a good look in the new year.
Is it definitely a heating element as I thought it was a temperature sensor?
Where will I find these pipes for pressure sensor as I don't have a manual.
The car was reprogrammed to think it had a new DPF fitted and it showed no other faults and running fine.
He told me it's fine to run as it is but the warning has taken out the cruise control which is a major pain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My mechanic has finally solved the issue despite many idiots at Renault denying the sensor exists.
The fault code was saying cyl 1 fault but for some reason it was in cyl 4 and if you go from under the car and get right into exhaust manifold there is a hidden sensor and that was the cause. He had a mission with the dealer as they denied there was even one there and in the end one of his contacts sorted him out. So warning light out, car being valeted Saturday then going up for sale.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As an FYI the code P0545 will be for the hidden sensor that is before the turbo and not at the DPF.
Good luck getting it out if yours has gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have finally mnaged to remove and fit a new sensor. You are right, it was an absoloute pain in the backside to get to! If your stuck and need one changed I am willing to share the way I changed mine.... Saved me 450 quid at the dealers!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Hi
I had the code today as PO544 Exhaust gas temp, sensor 1 bank 1
as the anti pollution light was one
Is this the same thing as PO5455 that others are getting?
Had it read with a friends clip but going into the garage tomorrow
Any ideas how much these sensors are? As I can't find a price online for my model

Cheers
Evo

·
36,934 Posts
What did clip say the fault was,, it should have given a description?

·
36,934 Posts
Did it give a fault on the regen issue?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
No, that was me thinking the anti pollution check was my signal to do a regen, I was wrong. I had been pushing the car hard, the sensor got hot and triggered the message, apparently it's to protect the DPF

1 - 20 of 40 Posts