Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New message on the car today , about a week after filling up with sainsbury's fuel. Car shows engine fault light on dash and when you start engine audible message "exhaust pollution sensor faulty contact your local dealer". Anyone know what the sensor is, where it is located or if it may be a result of faulty fuel (silicone contamination?) any help much appreciated. Car is a 2002 Lagune II 2.0 IDE petrol. thanks

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Has the car been misfiring at all recently?.

I doubt very much that the problem has been caused by contaminated fuel,more likely a faulty Lambda sensor(either up or downstream),a faulty cat or a misfire causing unburnt fuel to go through the cat.:(

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
i agree with lag,the contaminated fuel was effecting cars almost immediatly

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've had this occasionally on my Laguna. It will indeed be the Lambda sensor, which is mounted into the exhaust section behind the main box. Thing is, after a couple of weeks of getting this warning every time the car is used, it just goes away.

It's happened to me twice now in 5 years of owning the car. 2 weeks of warnings, then nothing for months. :confused:

Very odd.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I filled up my 3.0L V6 last night in Huddersfield. Drove home fine (100 miles) and my wife took the car to work this morning, also fine. On the way home this evening it started to misfire, then when I took it for a test drive I got the "pollution monitor" warning.
I'm guessing that the pollution monitor (lambda sensor?) warning is a symptom of the misfire rather than the problem....
I took the plugs out, an enterprise in itself, and couldn't see any signs of fouling.
Could this be the dreaded "silicone in fuel" problem - did the bad fuel make it as far north as Huddersfield? If not, help please!!

Cheers
Andy

·
Registered
41 Posts
had the same warning a few of weeks ago, took to local Renault who found fault to be down to a coil, had this replaced and have had 3 weeks of peace from on board moaner

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think you've already answered your own question on that one!Get it to Renault and get a claim made off Sainsbury's provided it is silicon in the petrol you should be able to claim!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts