Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an Extra Van Camper 1600cc diesel. My speedo cable has snapped leaving the stub in the speedo drive. The end that is where the rear engine mount is. Is there a way of getting the drive gear out so that I can remove the bits of cable without a total gearbox strip down?

Regards, Terry

·
La sola lupo
85 R11TS, 85 R9TXE, 97 Extra 1,9D, 97 Megane 2.0 RXE, 02 Clio 1,2 16V
1,804 Posts
Hi,

I have an Extra Van Camper 1600cc diesel. My speedo cable has snapped leaving the stub in the speedo drive. The end that is where the rear engine mount is. Is there a way of getting the drive gear out so that I can remove the bits of cable without a total gearbox strip down?

Regards, Terry
Long nose pliers, you may pull out the speedo drive pin, but as long as you dont move the vehicle you can just push the pin back in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the reply. I did try pulling out the drive with long nose pliers but as I didn't know it came out I didn't try very hard, I'll have another go and post the results.

Cheers. Terry

·
La sola lupo
85 R11TS, 85 R9TXE, 97 Extra 1,9D, 97 Megane 2.0 RXE, 02 Clio 1,2 16V
1,804 Posts
Thank you very much for the reply. I did try pulling out the drive with long nose pliers but as I didn't know it came out I didn't try very hard, I'll have another go and post the results.

Cheers. Terry
Come to think of it, it may be wise trying to get a new pin to fit, if the old one comes out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.