Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Anyone had any run ins with a product called EZ-Shim, it is supose to adjust the rear camber/toe on vehicles with no adjustment.
My Meg CC (1.9DCI 2004) seems to be scuffing tyres on the outside, passenger a bit worse than driver, rear tyres bee non now for around 6k and the passenger is not far off the markers on the out side but has a good depth on the inner side. wheel size 16" these tyres Nexen N6000 supose to be "long lasting" looking at the inners they may well have been, last tyres where barums the where didn't seem as obvious on them smaller tread pattern possibly, rear camber is out but not by much really same as toe not that far out so I am told, so what I would like to know has anyone fitted these plastic shims to thier Meg and did they work? Never had a front wheel drive car that eats rear tyres quicker than the fronts before!

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
i have a pair of them (still packaged up) never got round to getting them fitted. (anyone want them get in touch...£18 for the pair inc postage)

renualt seems pretty poor for not gettin gthe rear axle stubs perfectly aligned. not a new occurance, they have been like that for years. (its that or the axles are as soft as thier silverstone alloy wheels)

probably a cost issue during manufacture:confused:. the production specs are pretty wide.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know nothing about them to be honest, they come in Colours Red, blue & grey and are round plastic looking things you nips bits off but what about the colours is that for certain cars or disc thickness?? i.e if you only need a little adjustment you use the grey one if you need loads the red one, can't really find a lot out about them, looking at my wheel alignment print off I seem to have a problem on the "left" rear with both camber and toe in the red, right side are green (not good but in the green(JUST)), transpose this to the car and if the left = passenger (which I think it does) then this is why my passenger rear tyre has just about made 6k and is almost on the marker, driver rear is also wearing on the outside but not as quickly as this passenger one, will your fit my Meg as again can not find any info about them all I get on a search are American sites who know nothing of Renault fitment, are the difficult to set up I am guessing they are thick one side of the ring and thin the other, the section you cut out will be for the stub bolts that bit I get, I don't get what you actually set them up to, I know they need to toe in so would I get them to toe/Camber to Renault base setting or as close as possible. If they fit mine I will have them off you, as no idea where I can even buy them in the UK, there is a lot of info how to fit them to golfs and bit on Lagunas but as said no idea how to "set" them!

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
its the blue one for reno's:d

and they come with a user guide to help sort out the correct setting to adjust both camber and toe

its fairly easy once you have the details of the cars current alignment.
they are both angled discs so you can dial up the correct number and that should it to correct the stubs angle.

you will need allen key bolts and a 1m socket bar, and a small extension bar to undo the stub bolts.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your Megane have stud bolts or is the stub axle welded into the axle frame?
WELL thats the Question
at 1st I was 100% sure, lasy year I put new rear discs on her and Thinking back now I don't remember seeing the stub bolts, not to say they are not there I just didn't see them or rather remember them, possibly becasue they where nothing to do with the job I was doing, so no interest shown towards them, I found a PDF on Renault suspension but it doesn't mention Stub axels at all just springs, shocks and removal of the rear axel, so I am now starting to question the fact it has bolt on stubs....:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.